Wednesday 20 June 2012

look out it's coming in your direction.

The efforts of Diana Ross to attract someone's love and affection probably did not go completely unnoticed to the party concerned ( although I contend that you cannot "make " someone love you - this lyric ignores the concept of mutuality ) but this was clearly not the case with the EV on Saturday at the Sunderland festival at Herrington Park. We could have done with some of DRs somewhat unnecessary shrieking warning that she "is coming in your direction" while maneuvering around a wet muddy grass carpark along with thousands of drenched visitors to the great Olympic Torch event. I am not persuaded ( and neither was the carpark attendant ) that the Leaf makes enough manufactured noise at low speeds to give sufficient warning of our approaching "Lurv". There is supposed to be a low rumbling noise to warn pedestrians but I rather favour the idea that I should be able to select a noise of choice related to the specific situation. The car instantly recognises my iphone when I get in and starts to play selections form my itunes library . Why can't I at least select relevant  a ring tone as an approach  warning, or better still the chimes of an ice cream van.

No comments:

Post a Comment