Friday 8 June 2012

Keep a knockin' but you can't come in

A well planned circiut yesterday started at Sunderland and took me to a meeting at Consett with a 32 amp recharge at the Albert road car park during the meeting. Then on to Newcastle followed by an evening return to Robert Soden's exhibition opening in Sunderland. Its a long climb up to Consett and me and the Leaf were feeling the strain so imagine my concern when the recently installed space age pod refused me access. Various phone calls later and a 30 min delay Roberto had to inform me that all his silky remote computer skills were not going to make my card open the correct charging door in the near future. Intermediate recharging had to be abandoned but I can tell you (and any C2C cyclist  will confirm this) its down hill all the way from Consett to Newcastle resulting in no battery miles being consumed over the entire route from Albert Road to the Scotswood bridge. Still, I have to say my confidence in the welcoming charge pod system has been slightly shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment